Sunday 27 October 2013

Sunday Roast



  
 I’d heard great things about Hawksmoor from a friend that has done an exhaustive research on Sunday roasts in the London area so I was really looking forward to this visit. Others may argue that this place is not particularly famous for the roast although it is an excellent place for carnivores. Whatever rocks your boat, I highly recommend a visit as long (as you do eat meat that is) for either steak or Sunday roast.

My introduction to this restaurant was on Sunday with the Roast researcher so the choice was easy: the roast – where you are to select how you like your meat cooked, although the waiter will dissuade you about anything other than pink. We learnt that the meat is boiled for over 8 hours so it’s actually cooked for enough time – at this point I was a bit sceptical but that change the instant the meat melted in my mouth.


Not happy enough with our main course, we decided to have some dessert: apple and peach crumble with icecream, custard or cream and chocolate rollos. Here we were not as impressed with the crumble, as the middle bit was not warm enough – how can you have a crumble without burning your tongue with it? – but the salted caramel rollos were to die for - and that we did afterwards :-)
      


DETAILS:
Hawksmoor - www.thehawksmoor.com  - 157a Commercial Street, London E1 6BJ (for more locations check website)





1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I absolutely adore Hawksmoor, their desserts (and steak of course) are just divine. Shame about your crumble, at least you left with your tongue in tact I guess!
    Also, do you have an email I can reach you on?
    Ella x
    ella@triptease.com

    ReplyDelete