Saturday 7 December 2013

Depeche Mode


Silence is not the objective to aim for in a concert, or something to enjoy but it's one of the iconic songs from the iconic Depeche Mode. Considering that it's been a few days since the concert and that I had maybe too many beers when at it, I don't recall fully how it was. I leave you with a series of pictures that I took so you can enjoy the images (in silence or maybe putting some Depeche in the background) even if I took many more but they are no good - I could blame it to the twirls of David along the stage or simply to the movements of my hand whilst trying to take the pictures.

What I recall is that I was able to talk to my friends in a normal tone of voice when they were playing, so the acoustics where not impressive, and that one of my friends mentioned "they sound great, it's like their albums" - my reply back was that if I wanted to listen to the album I'd stayed at home and avoided the commute to Greenwich. But well, this is one of the iconic bands that you need to tell your grandchildren that you saw live.

The crowd was also quite curious as there was a mix between the fans that have been following them since the 80s - so this was the 35+ dress in dark leather - and the younger gay scene that seem to be more in tune - in every sense - with them nowadays.

All in all it was a good night, so let's drink to that (tea now as it's early in the day) and as "words are very unnecessary" I leave you to the images.




DETAILS:
Depeche Mode - www.depechemode.com/ - www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1xrNaTO1bI
(my personal favourite) 


No comments:

Post a Comment