Sunday 24 November 2013

Editors


Suddenly the lights came out, everyone screamed just a few seconds before the lights of the stage came up again, with some fogg generated, and then there he was on top of one of the speakers; I'm in shock. I adore Tom Smith, and I've been adoring him for years. I've enjoyed concerts of his band in different venues, although Brixton Academy will always be my favourite - I have a list of practical and emotional reasons that I can develop further should anyone be interested.

Tom came out bringing a lot of energy and emotion, going from one side to the other of the stage and climbing up the speakers and the stand where the drum was placed. It was quite epic. We sang and screamed for I don't know how long, singing songs from years ago when we were in our early indie years. There was also new material but it was combined with a balanced level. It was such a great concert.

I think I could be writing about them for hours as I even run into Tom Smith on the street once but I think it'll be much better just to leave you with some of his words and the song they use to close this tour...

In the end all you can hope for is the love you felt to equal the pain you've gone through... 
 






DETAILS:
Editorswww.editorsofficial.com/ - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq4tyDRhU_4
Brixton Academy - www.o2academybrixton.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment