Friday 22 November 2013

Bistroteque



The name of this restaurant sounded very appealing when a friend suggested we went there with some friends who were coming over from Spain. Then I looked at the website it looked even better and I started salivating when I read the menu, as it showed onglet and I'm determined to have that dish in as many of the -what I like to call - 'organic' English restaurants that offer it. Did I mention that his restaurant is in Hackney? No, I didn't... so yes, the restaurant is located in the trendy part of town so it was giving me an opportunity to hobnob with the cool people. Exciting!

Before going, I called my brother's friend A who has been living in Hackney for the last 5 or 6 years, to get his insight as he's the proper connoisseur of the area. He gave me good reviews of the restaurant and a place to have a drink before dinner. It all looked like a very good plan for a Saturday night - although might be better to go in the summer when the days are longer so you can linger around a bit more without the worry of getting lost in the incorrect street around the warehouses.

Anyway, back to the restaurant, the food and the drink. Even if we almost missed it, as there is no sign outside, once we managed to get upstairs - we did walk into the private function room on the ground floor (pfr) - we started loving the place. High ceilings, all in white, flowers. a big bar with colourful bottles and our friends having a drink. It was a really nice setting. Then once we were in the table we managed to taste really nice food - just make sure that you confirm with the waiter who actually knows the menu how many dishes actually come with sides - and good cocktails so it was a hipster night with





DETAILS:
Bistroteque - www.bistrotheque.com/ -23–27 Wadeson Street. London E2 9DR


No comments:

Post a Comment