Saturday 29 June 2013

Pride and Prejudice?


I was brought up to have no Prejudice, and to always keep an open mind for new things. So when I read the critic in the paper of the Pride & Prejudice play that is on at the Open Thatre in Regent's Park, I kept  my mind open. The critic wasn't good but I thought 'how come this marevellous Jane Austen's story set in the Open Theatre at Regent's Park can go wrong?' Well, it can and it did; so much that we left the thatre in the interval, as we couldn't bear it any longer - fair to mention that 2 of my friends suffer from hay fever and they were having a hard time to breathe.

The actors were not good, the character of Elizabeth Bennet laughs all the time - I'm still in shock -, the music was terrible, and the dances... I don't think I can even categorise those! I wouldn't have had any issues if the production was low budget or something of the kind but the tickets weren't cheap, so the least they could have done was taking some additional dance classes to learn how to keep a line.

The decision was then clear, as we agreed that before swallowing our Pride we would leave the theatre and go for dinner instead; good thing that Pirata saved the night!



No comments:

Post a Comment