Saturday 1 February 2014

Home for Christmas


 

I know that the festive season is long past and that most of us have even survived to January. But it has been a strange month when people decide to quit drinking and it seems than in me it had the effect of a dried month for writing - and yes, I know that there were not many posts in December but I was out celebrating and getting material for the blog, what else can I say?

Many of the plans and posts to come - a bunch of them so I hope it doesn't get too much - are around London but I can't pass the opportunity to have a couple of comments on my beautiful home town, Madrid, and a couple of places that I discovered thanks to Carol - always up to date on the hottest spots (as she herself is a damn hot hotspot!).

So there is this place next to San Bernardo called La Tape, short for Tapería or Tapas, that serves amazing food (yes, tapas) and where you can enjoy homemade beer as they have a little brewery going on. We had an amazing dinner over there and the ambiance was really good even if we were 1 day away to finish the year and you might have thought that most of the people will be saving to go out for New Year's Eve. But that's how Madrid moves, there is no special occasion as every night is a special occasion.


 

Then we moved over to La Pescaderia, that even if it directly translates to the Fish Shop, it's actually a really nice restaurant that turns into a bar with amazing drinks that holds the trendy locals any night. If you're in Madrid and around the centre of the city, it's totally worth the visit. 


DETAILS:

La Tape - www.latape.com/- Calle San Bernardo, 88, 28015 Madrid
La Pescaderia - www.la-pescaderia.com/- Calle Ballesta, 32, 28004 Madrid

No comments:

Post a Comment