Saturday 1 February 2014

White Lies


It was not until recently when I noticed that I had actually been to various concerts where this band, White Lies, was supporting but it was not until last November that I actually got to see them and enjoy their music. They are K's favourite band, or one of the many favourites, and since sitting next to her pretty much most of the day and every day, I've begun to share the love for these guys (even before actually see them live). And it's one of the bands from whom I had a random song in my iPod but again didn't realise until the very last minute.



So imagine my surprise when I come across a couple of tickets to see them at the Roundhouse, and bring B along as a unplanned plan that she was looking forward to do. We met with K and Neil in the pub across the street and we ended up doing a bit of a last minute entrance to the gig, placing ourselves in the middle of the audience a bit too drunk to care whether that was polite at all.


The band started playing and the crowd starting going nuts. Everyone around us knew the lyrics and it was quite amazing as it was a bit of a young crowd but these guys have been around for a while - again I found this out as I was looking over old concert tickets where they were listed as support act.
I have now just put them in Spotify to get inspiration as I'm typing and I don't know how I managed to forget about the voice. Oh my! Harry's voice, and the rest of him, is just deep. Well, I'm not sure how they he is as I don't have the pleasure of meeting him and West London, where they are from, is a mystery for me but one can always dream.


Last but not least the guitar bass player, Charlie, whose dexterous moves along the strings gives quite a twist to the performance. So a really good band that I'll be looking out to from now on and not missing if the support any of the other concerts that I go to. Once more, a great venue to enjoy a really good concert. Check out the live acts that they have schedule for this year as Editors and Franz Ferdinand are on the list...

DETAILS:
White Lies - whitelies.com/ - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Cn4huIqY8o
Roundhouse - www.roundhouse.org.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment