Wednesday 31 July 2013

Majestic buildings



I realised that the cultural piece of this blog was lacking some content. I have to blame it on the weather as it's so nice to be outside and we have such long winters in this city, that it kind of hurts to get inside a building. However, this can't be put to a side, as The Royal Opera House has already sold out most of the tickets for the next season's programme - thanks to friend I'm going to see the Nutcracker this Christmas and I'm so thrilled!

Even if you're not a fan of the ballet or the opera - if I had to choose I'd go for the former - it's highly recommended that you try and get tickets to see something in the Royal Opera House. The building is stunning and you can feel a little like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman - maybe the comparison to a whore is not the best one. Anyways, there are tickets that are quite cheap, even if you they are standing; as one of my friends says, she prefers to pay less and stand, and be able to see more shows - especially if she doesn't know the opera (she's more of an opera fan than I am).



Thanks to its amazing patio, the Somerset House is worth the visit during summer time as well. From concerts, to open air cinema, and children running along the fountains trying to cool off. It also holds exhibits in the different wings that can be visited before or after having a drink in the deck overlooking the Thames - the rooms are not too big so it won't take long to see the exhibits anyways. Currently, there is an exhibit for Ferran Adria that I'm hoping to see soon and let you know how it goes.




DETAILS:
The Royal Opera House - www.roh.org.uk/ - Bow St, London WC2E 9DD
Somerset House - www.somersethouse.org.uk/‎ - Strand  London WC2R 1LA

2 comments:

  1. All right, so I am not pictured yet but definitely quoted! This is getting better :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please refer to the Dishoom post and let me know what you see in there, at the very bottom... ;-)

      Delete