Sunday 21 July 2013

Pubbing in the sun


This past week a friend called me from the walk in clinic - eye infection - asking whether I would pick him up and we could go for lunch in the sun - we did have sun earlier in the week, and it's coming out again!!

Considering that I will never let down a friend in need, or turn down an offer to food or sun - both combined are just too good - I went to the clinic in Old St and waited patiently - I don't think I have the patience to talk about the NHS system now or that there is a point to it as I was going for food and sun.

We were about to try a place that neither of us knew just by the Old St Roundabout but as all the tables outside were full we decided to go to Curtain Rd and check the Strongroom - I already mentioned this place in the post about Shoreditch but now it's the time to get into the detail.

This pub/bar has a great outdoor area even if it's a parking - I gotta say that I've always seen the cars inside but I don't know what sort of arrangements they have as I have never seen a car get in or out; mysterious. The offer of beers they have is good, especially as they have a few of the American ones in bottle such as Brooklyn Lager or Sierra Nevada. They also set a bar outside in the summer time, where they also make cocktails. The food menu also has a good offer for sandwiches (including burgers), soups, salads and puddings.

So it's a great place to go for drinks, food and/or both. It's the kind of place where you can meet your friends for a drink and suddenly realise that you've spent there the whole night. If you arrive early afternoon, you will not have a problem to find a table outside. If you arrive later, it's only a matter of patience but there is enough space outside to get a spot, even if you end up sitting on the floor.


 DETAILS:
Strongroom - www.strongroombar.com/‎ - 120-124 Curtain Rd, London EC2A 3SQ

No comments:

Post a Comment